https://meta-findny.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/color-300x138.png 0 0 Michael Heineman https://meta-findny.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/color-300x138.png Michael Heineman2017-06-08 17:55:442017-07-27 15:33:50R&D Metallurgical Lab Engineer
- Support/Perform metallurgical investigation of heat treatable products for sheet and plate products primarily. Support R&D of other product forms such as Tubes, shaped extrusions, or extruded bars as required.
- Support/Perform metallurgical investigation of processing such as casting, rolling, heat treatment, and aging on aluminum alloys. Determine and eliminate root causes of recurrent process deviations which are leading to processing issues or customer claims. Recommend enhancements or changes to processes as required.
- Design and complete experiments using SEM/EDS/BSE and analysis, Metallographic preparation and analysis, Image Processing and Analysis, DSC and analysis, Corrosion testing and analysis, and heat treating and analysis.
- Define the needs in terms of Capital investment, Support the installation of new Lab Equipment,
- Knowledge of advanced characterization techniques of Aluminum Alloys and products and ability to deploy as required to complement existing projects.
- Keep informed about general technology developments related to competitor products, cost efficiency of products and services by consulting specialized literature, attending conferences, networking and proper benchmarking
- Write technical reports summarizing work as well as presentations to peers on progress at continuous improvement meetings.
- Work in cross-functional teams to develop process and production improvements.
- 5S of assigned areas of the laboratory.