This position is responsible for technical issues related to forging, heat treating, quality assurance, product development, and process improvement efforts related to our forgings.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, write, and ensure effective execution of forging & heat treatment procedures. Witness and optimize manufacturing processes.
- Develop and maintain raw material specifications.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving utilizing a scientific approach.
- Disposition of material (NDE) and mechanical test failure rejections.
- Correspondence and interaction with customers as required.
- Correspondence and interaction with both office and shop personnel.
- Close interaction and auditing of raw material suppliers.
- Research and development projects for process improvement and product development. Work closely with cross functional team (Sales, Forge, Heat Treat, Vendors, etc.) to develop new customers, product types and/or market segments.
- Interpret industry and customer specifications and communicate requirements and processes to Sales, Process Engineering, and manufacturing departments.
- Failure analysis and disposition of internally and externally rejected forgings, including implementation of necessary corrective actions.
- As requested, represent Company in various professional and industry standard development organizations (e.g., ASTM, AMS, AGMA, API, ABS, FIA).