Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Process Engineer will work to continuously improve the Strip manufacturing processes to provide better machine reliability, product quality, lower costs, and better use of assets. The engineer will work directly with mill operators, engineering, maintenance, management, and production control to accomplish these tasks. Successful candidates will develop the skills to fully support their assigned processing lines and advance within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain an in-depth technical knowledge of the Strip Processing Equipment.
- Organize and lead equipment maintenance and equipment enhancement efforts.
- Respond quickly and decisively to machine break downs and product quality issues all shifts/all days.
- Lead project teams.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for processes.
- Develop process control systems to ensure consistent product quality.
- Supervise and/or direct the manufacture of Strip Products.
- Meet with operators regularly for training and seek feedback.
- Develop and maintain process routings for Strip products.
- Assess capability for new product inquiries and develop cost quotations.
- Assist customers and work with Sales, R&D and QA in the resolution of customer issues and complaints.
- Support the Lean Sigma program.
- Support the Safety Program including leading department safety teams.