Scope of Job:
Assist in implementing new mill practices. Audit existing practices from which all quality control functions are implemented. Relate to sales personnel, manufacturing personnel, and outside inspectors and vendors to acquire pertinent knowledge whereby standard practices may be written and processes upgraded.
- Conduct quality audits once a month at required mill operations. Develop processes to reduce costs while maintaining or improving product quality.
- Provide a knowledgeable outlet to production and manufacturing personnel regarding customer requirements to assure a quality product is produced at minimum cost. Report discrepancies in procedures or practices to the Quality Manager, who thereby investigates problems and implements solutions.
- Assist in directing production personnel in obtaining proper samples for lab testing. Analyse the results of such tests conducted in the Strand Lab and Physical Lab.
- Write SMR’s to minimize manufacturing delays and keep shifts informed of coil status. Establish coil defect history. Obtain all necessary supporting documentation including level 2 data, in-process data, final product data, gauge charts, coil history, etc. for process Engineers and Quality Manager.
- Monitor all lab solutions with lab technicians to ensure compliance.
- Provide pertinent information to operators and helpers as to the standard product quality requirements to achieve quality requirements and maintain a quality-educated workforce.
- Advise lab technicians and various hourly employees on various quality issues that need to be addressed. Fills in for lab technicians when needed. Assist other internal customers with quality related problems/solutions as required.
- Advise personnel that any products or processes not conforming to requirements will be communicated immediately to the Quality Manager.
- Has the authority to stop production to correct quality issues.