SUMMARY: Utilizing independent judgement this position provides technical support to Production and the Sales Department for all phases of steel operations, oversees and manages the metallurgist, quality engineer and lab. Provides metallurgical support to management personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: To perform job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. In addition to the essential duties listed, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides technical support for all phases of steel operations
- Researches and recommends new technology, processes and practices to meet or exceed customer requirements
- Leads and /or assigns projects for productivity improvement, cost reduction and or quality improvement
- Oversees the Investigations of operational and productivity deficiencies including NCM’s, identifying root cause(s) and presenting corrective action(s)
- Oversees and/or performs failure investigation on customer return/claims
- Oversees and/or audits processing records to confirm Operations follows procedures and good metallurgical practices
- Has authority to disposition NCMs
- Maintains, drafts and oversees new procedures for production operations, quality documentations and quality system management
- Oversees and Provides quality training and verifies comprehension of training as deemed necessary for employees
- Oversees the performance of Metallurgist and Quality Engineer
- Supports the company philosophy concerning unions and work to maintain a union free environment
- Performs duties of direct reports as deemed needed
- Identifies and execute productivity improvements, cost reductions and/or quality improvements
- Assists with identifying, and implementation of equipment for continued success and future growth