Work cooperatively in a team environment to develop and enhance robust manufacturing/metallurgical processes to support the company’s growth in the aerospace and industrial investment casting markets.
Develop the overall metallurgical investment casting process from gate design to establishing shelling parameters.
Develop, maintain, and teach “best practice” investment casting procedures and practices to ensure CPP business objectives are satisfied.
Identify problems, generate alternatives, and implement solutions to problems that affect yield, rework, and overall quality of the product using a standardized approach.
Take a leadership role occasionally in resolving cross-functional problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Interpret customer specifications relative to establishing internal written NDT specifications.
- Develop the overall metallurgical casting process from gate design to establishing casting parameters.
- Assess the physical structure and behavior of metals and metal distribution systems within investment casting systems.
- Investigate metallurgical failure using root cause analysis.
- Publish reports on research and completed tests using data-based decisions.
- Identify and improve process yields using various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.) to uncover variables in the process.
- Document work procedures and processes.
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new process technologies that will extend manufacturing and product capabilities.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Improve labor utilization and reduce cost.