https://meta-findny.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/color-300x138.png 0 0 Michael Heineman https://meta-findny.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/color-300x138.png Michael Heineman2017-07-27 15:23:462018-01-03 13:39:49Process Metallurgist
Job Status: Open
No of Vacancies: 3
Date Posted: July 27, 2017
Expiry Date: December 31, 2018
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Any
Years of Experience: 2
Salary Type: Negotiable
Apply on this job
How to Apply ?
Job Summary: The Process Engineer of Primary Operations is a hands-on position that requires close collaboration with the EAF, LMF, and Caster Managers, Supervisors, and Operators, as well as other departmental and operations management. This position involves quality investigations, continuous improvement, data analysis, and product/process development. Role and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate and emphasize safe work practices and behaviors to all employees.
- Strive to identify opportunities to improve safety, quality, cost, organization, or efficiency.
- Maintain and verify department production process data.
- Report on a daily basis Day/WTD/MTD/YTD performance metrics.
- Develop and maintain automated data collection/analysis systems.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the production and maintenance workforce.
- Lead investigations related to missed chemistries, clogging, slab surface, customer claim, or other quality-related issues.
- Manage the scarfing and slab release processes.
- Provide technical/analytical support for all CAPEX/product development/improvement initiative trials.
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of NPS system requirements.
- Lead root cause investigations utilizing continuous improvement/PDCA methodology and implement and complete related corrective actions (production process failure analysis).
- Review and update SOPs to meet safety/quality/cost goals.
- Conduct periodic quality/safety/SOP audits of all areas Scrap/EAF/LMF/Caster/Scarfing Yard.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of area Process Maps and PFMEA.
- Assist in the development of and teach technical curriculum to production workforce.
- Adheres to and ensures compliance with all Company, Business, Ethics, and other Human Resource Polices
- BSE or greater in Metallurgical Engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years working as a process engineer in manufacturing or heavy industry.
- Previous experience in EAF melting, refining, or continuous casting.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Commitment to Safety as the top priority.