Applies engineering science to failure analysis of product while engaging in ongoing research and development to enhance design and development of product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support on metallurgy and material properties to all manufacturing departments within the company.
- Assists with developing of new products and processes to help support Company growth and improve efficiency and costs
- Develops and performs failure analysis for internal scrap investigations and metallurgical examinations.
- Reviews product data and interprets laboratory tests and analyses to determine root causes of failure and recommends preventive action.
- Participates in ongoing research and development of forged and cast roll technology.
- Provides technical support to customers.
- BS Degree in Metallurgy or Material Science Engineering
- 0-5 years of metallurgical experience in an industrial environment